Closing day doesn’t have to have the final say on the length or even the full cost of a mortgage. There are several ways homeowners can save money on their mortgages even after they have purchased a home. In this video, Holloway Home Group’s Owner and Lead Listing Specialist Erin Holloway and Sales Agent Amanda Lucas discuss five ways to save on a mortgage after purchasing a home.
We also know that each family’s situation is unique, and not every option will work for every homeowner. So how can a homeowner learn which direction is right for them? We’ve listed a questionnaire (below) as a resource for homeowners who are deciding how to handle their mortgages. Watch the video to learn how each answer can impact a homeowner’s mortgage decisions.
Homeowner Mortgage Questionnaire:
- Do you have a conventional loan or an FHA loan?
- Do you remember how much you put down when you purchased?
- What did your home appraise for?
- How long has it been since you purchased your home?
- What is your interest rate currently?
- Are you in forbearance?
- Have you paid your mortgage on time every month?
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Do I have to pay closing costs when I refinance?
The simple answer is yes. However, Keller Mortgage is a fantastic resource that helps save their clients money. Learn more here.
- How do you keep up with the value of your home?
Check out our Market Reports and Home Valuation resources on our website.
Holloway Home Group is an independently owned and operated real estate team affiliated with Keller Williams Realty. If you would like to learn more about mortgages, we would love to talk with you. If you are interested in refinancing your home, we can also provide contact information for a lender in the middle Tennessee area. Feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (615) 939-4085 to discuss any real estate questions you may have.